Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday P!!


Oh my, she's eight. How did that happen? It was just last week I was bringing her into this world. All natural because she just couldn't wait for an epidural. I should have known then what was coming.

A child who was born with her own agenda, not to be deterred, wild eyed, ever busy, perpetual motion child.

A child who has to have underwear that is really tight, and wears a size 4t Hanes no tags underwear ONLY.

A child who stands and stares at me until I wake up, only to ask if she can have a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Which she has had for the last 5 years every Saturday am. So I can sleep in.

A child who runs with wild abandon, to hug/tackle you.

A child who absorbs science books, and wants a lizard party.

A child who would rock our world, make us question everything we know about parenting.

A child who would cause us to stop and notice how a caterpillar moves.

A child who would climb the tree in the front year at 2 simply to see if she could.

A child who loves with every ounce of her being, and who also fights with every ounce of her being.

A child we couldn't love more.


Happy Birthday, my little whirlwind.


1 comment:

Jeff Goins said...

hey anita, in response to your interest in the project mentioned on iamdonewith.com, can you email me a brief story about how God used social justice / poverty to teach you something about yourself?