Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today's Adventures....

1. Wasp in the house. Guess what? Raid Ant and Roach Killer does NOT work on wasp, however does adhere to flooring swimmingly.
2. Daycare kido colored on bed with Duramax marker during nap time. Murphy's Oil Soap does take it off. But it takes a long time for a 5 year old to do it.
3. Only 5 days until the girls church production and P's birthday party. My bro and sil are coming to stay. Spare bedroom is a wreck. Takes a 30ish year old woman days to get in order. Hopefully less than 5 days.
4. Today is the last free evening to finish up shopping for said party, and for R to take P out for dinner. It's her birthday dinner, and we don't any day closer to her actual birthday, which is Friday. You should see my outlook calender - it looks like a box of crayon's threw up on it.
5. I have a gazillion things to do - and I'm blogging instead. That ought to help. And I have a play date planned for every morning this week. When do I become popular?
6. P is screaming at a daycare kido to stay out of the grass. It's a miracle of God that she has lived to almost 8 - but it might be up for grabs if she makes it till Friday at this rate. When I asked her to stop yelling and come in and practice her music -she yelled at me and proceed to kick her flip-flops across the kitchen. It's up for grabs if she makes it till Friday folks.
7. I am determined to walk today. It's beautiful, my legs are aching for a workout, and my stress level is so high I'd like to take the bottle of wine with me to drink as I walk. Some days I miss my old job, with adults who don't color on your furniture, yell at you and kick shoes around, and a paycheck that included retirement and a Christmas fund.
8. I think the wasp is finally dead. Ant killer does works it just takes 23 minutes. And shaking the jar hard. Hard to know which really did the job.
9. Laundry - I think I forgot to switch the laundry today. Clean underwear are overrated anyways.
10. Only 80 minutes till I can blow this joint, with wine bottle in hand, MP3 player on and pure blessed solitude for 45 minutes.

No comments: