Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mom confessions

In the spirit of honesty here are my confessions on motherhood.
-There are days I can't remember when my kids bathed last. If they smell, they have to bathe. But 6 out of 7 days, I shower first thing in the morning.
-I feel guilty at times that I can't give my kids the activities and vacations that thier friends enjoy.
-I love my daughter, but there are days I wonder what how loud she could be with duck tape over her mouth.
-I no longer feel guilty for going out with my friends and leaving the kids behind. In fact, I'm really loving my girlfriends and time with them.
-My kitchen floor has a sticky spot, and I'm just walking around it. My bathroom hasn't seen a wipe down in a week, other than the occasional clorox wipe out of pure digust.

More to come. What do you feel guilty about? What is motherhood really like? What do you wish you'd know before? What is a crapshot in your world?

No comments: