Saturday, April 4, 2009

Vacation Details 2 and pictures


Monday - Massage day. Hour and a half long massages. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so we did more than just massages. We got up in the morning. I ate oatmeal, my new lover, and we enjoyed getting to know a sweet lady and her mom who were enjoying a few days together. My mom has passed away, and it really touched my soul to see this mother and daughter connecting and loving each other. It was the first time I've been able to experience it without fighting back sadness or bitterness. We enjoyed dinner out. We sat in the hot tub, listened to the waves on the beach below and the wind rusting the pine trees. We enjoyed a glass of Pinot Gris, and talked about all the things we forget to share with each other anymore.




Tuesday- We woke up just in time to drag ourselves to breakfast. All the past days of vacation had caught up with us. We had grand plans to go hiking or visit the beach or art galleries, or something super 'touristy' but instead we stayed in and read. We stayed in bed, and read. Till 3:00pm. Yes, 3 in the afternoon. I read almost a whole book in a day. And not a 'grow yourself' or 'learn about God' book, but a rather trashy vampire novel. Just for the joy of reading in bed all day. R went out to get pizza for a late lunch, and I had a pedicure schedule. Then we went to dinner at Paula's and came back to soak another night away in the hot tub.
-Rabbit trail - I don't get pedicures. I wear tennis shoes every day. No matter the weather. I have 'bad' feet and wear orthotics. So no sandals ever grace my feet for more than a few minutes. I bought a cute pair of wedge sandals to wear out to dinner and barely made it to the car. I don't like my feet touched, and it doesn't feel 'goooood' to have someone cut my toenails. So this was really a stretch. But I have to admit it was enjoyable. But I also had 2 glasses of champagne while she was doing it. And she was a very sweet gal. Later that evening it was back to Paula's for dinner. Then back to our hot tub one last time. Besides there was a bottle of champagne that HAD to be finished.



Our living/dining room. Cute and cozy. You can't see it in this picture but there was an antique wood stove. Which we attempted to use once. Before our massages, because the cabin was a little chilly. Radiant floor heating is not instantaneous heat. We started it, shut the doors tight to pull the draft up the chimney (per written instructions) and watched it fill the cabin with smoke. And then opened windows to air it out. Then the fire went out. Our masseuse was not impressed and I think a little irritated by the smoky room.

Our bedroom - yeah it was good too. I forgot to take pictures of the bathroom. I guess it didn't occur to me that anyone would want to see a picture of the toilet. But the shower was a beautiful walk in stone tile shower.

Our hot tub. Only because no one else used it in the evening. Either they are already relaxed and didn't need help in that department, or they got a message that the Olson's would be using it and would rather be left alone. Either way - it was so nice to have it to ourselves. Notice the tall pines trees. Like in the mountains. And the ocean is just beyond. Truly perfect.

Wednesday- I'll blog that later. Tired and ready for bed. And I got the second trashy vampire book yesterday. What I'd give for a day in bed to finish it.

No comments: