Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Birthday wishes...

My birthday was yesterday. And my family and friends made me feel very special and loved. My dear R, gave me a card and cake. Despite us being in the middle of a heated debate*. My BF stopped over and dropped off a beautiful potted flower, a card, a COKE (a real one, forget the diet) and a warm delights. I've never tried the Warm Delights, and it might have been better if it had stayed that way. My dear MIL called and wished me a Happy Birthday, which is also a first. My sil, my sis, my dad all sent me well wishes. My small group at church actually sang to me. Next year, I'm asking them to refrain as my gift.

Anyways, the best part was this. C and I went to Bare Minerals, and had makeovers. I hear it's the best. And she was so cute getting her make up done. We then went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and it was so fun. And while we were getting our makeup done, the 'artist' gave her this large crystal. It was was a sweet gesture and C seemed to really enjoy it. On my birthday, she gave me a little gift bag, with the crystal in it. It had attached a long string, and she explained it was for the new van. Ahhhh....how sweet. So despite the fact that she can make me want to pull every last hair out of my head (and I have ALOT of hair) she does still have that sweet, giving, and loving spirit. And the hope of that is by far the best birthday gift I could have received.

*really means- arguing, rolling eyes, and going to bed angry. We have a marriage retreat coming up to work on communication skills. A much needed opportunity.

No comments: