Monday, May 11, 2009

Motherhood

Ten things I just love about being a Mom...
1. Holding my kids, smelling their hair, and snuggling
2. Hearing about their world, through their own unique perception
3. Watching them discover how to be kind, loving, and compassionate and how good it can feel
4. Seeing my husband as a father through their eyes
5. The lessons in grace, forgiveness, and love that come as I try to figure out this parenting gig
6. The sound of them coming through the door after school
7. Hearing them laugh, giggle, snort and come unglued by something funny
8. Learning to play and have fun all over again
9. Watching them discover God, how much he loves them, how much he adores them, and how to love him back
10. The unconditional love they have for me, and our family

Ten things I just looove (insert sarcasm) about Motherhood
1. Skid marked underwear in the laundry
2. Homework woes - Sunday night bedtime declarations of homework yet undone
3. Pee on the bathroom floor
4. Meltdowns over small details
5. Moping because they didn't get what they think they 'neeeeed'
6. The judgement we as mothers are so quick to dish out to each other
7. Endless laundry
8. The arguments from disagreements over parenting differences
9. Endless laundry (I really loooove doing laundry)
10. The truth that it will end someday, and while I'll always be a mom -they won't always need me.

1 comment:

Cory said...

You're AWESOME, so glad you left out who's skid marked underware you were referring too! LOL Lora never had that problem, But Cal waits until the VERY last second, my goodness! Lots of cleanup! GRRRRR!