Friday, May 22, 2009

We are going to Haiti

GOOD NEWS ... we are leaving June 15th to visit Re an Er and do paperwork in Haiti. While we won't be bringing them home this trip, we are overjoyed to visit.
I have lots of thoughts on it, and am still processing them. I'll spill them at some point, I'm sure. In the meanwhile, here is what is also going on.
-C returned from Outdoor school. P and her took a whole 10 minutes together to have a fight. Then they were grounded for the day. Then they both went into meltdown. Oh, and I was on the phone with a nice lady from the bank. The bank we are asking for a loan from. A loan to adopt. I think she wonders if that is a good idea.
-It's sunny today and should be during this three day weekend. That I foolishly grounded my kids for. What was I thinking?? I should have sent them out to pull weeds instead.
-Russ and I had a great 'marriage retreat' last weekend. We have homework to do. TNT- Two Nice Things (with no expectations ) and another 'talking' assignment. I've done one nice thing-took him a coffee to work, and plan on giving a foot massage tonight. I'm not sure what R has done. Unless he considers telling me he is naked under this clothes is suppose to count. Which it doesn't - because of the 'no expectations' clause to the assignment.

I swear I'll write more about the upcoming trip. What we can expect, what we will do while we are there, and why the trip is worth it.

1 comment:

Jill Wilkins said...

We are so exicted for your trip! You will have to let us know how it goes, okay? We are going to head out in July as well, so would love to touch base with you. Yea!!! :-) Praise God.

Jill and Joe, Portland, OR
Adopting Chancelet