Monday, January 12, 2009

Trip home...

We went to the small rural town I grew up in, last weekend. My family lives there, and it was wonderful to see them. There are things I love about my hometown. The mountains, oh how I miss the mountains. It is really beautiful there. I miss the local drive thru that serves funny drinks. I had a yucky tummy all weekend, and forced myself to stay away. Even the drinks are greasy. I miss the snow. I miss my family.
There is always a moment when I know I'm back. This trip it was at Safeway. My SIL and I went to pick up stuff for breakfast. It was almost 10pm, and it was about 30 degrees outside. In walked Bubba (okay, I don't know him personally and have no idea if he name was Bubba) in overalls, a bright yellow tank top and no coat. I think I smelled *manure* on his boots. I knew I was home...it's just not something you see in my neck of the woods. If I had been on the ball and carried my camera with me everywhere, I would have also gotten a picture of the dry cleaners sign. It read, "You can't steal from someone when they have a lien on you." Why advertise on your sign, when you can spew 'wisdom' like that.
It's interesting how nothing is the same, and yet nothing has changed. There is some good wisdom, I should have a sign outside to put it on. Maybe I'll call the dry cleaners.
I'll post later about CN birthday, and some exciting adoption news.

No comments: