Monday, January 19, 2009

Soar like an eagle...

Okay, God. I've learned the lesson. Again. The irony of it never ceases to amaze me. I hold onto 'things'. I worry, I fret, I try to do it on my own. I get tired, weary and burdened. God doesn't want that. He says to come and he will give rest.
So I finally give up the death certificate. I put my wings out and rest on the spirit of God, and just glide along. I sleep well, I wake up restored, I have hope.

And I open an email from GLA that the mothers death certificate has been received.

This is not the first time I've 'learned' this lesson. It seems to be a reoccurring theme in my growth. When I surrender and depend on him alone - he is faithful. Everytime. But when I'm trying my best to do it on my own, things seem twice as hard and don't seem to happen.

Praise God for being Everlasting. For being a God that wants relationship with us, that includes carrying our burdens and sharing our daily joys. For being a God who desires us to trust him and loves us enough to use life to draw us into him.

1 comment:

the Skips said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!! .....for the certificate being delivered and for his faithfulness in teaching us over and over again!