Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CN Birthday

My little girl...who was a measly 5lbs when she was born, is 11. I really have a hard time comprehending that it was 11 years ago I brought her home from 4 days in the NICU. That it was 11 years ago that she fit into those tiny preemie outfits. That is was 11 years ago that she was completely dependent upon us for everything. That 11 years ago that we just moved into our little apartment. That it was 11 years ago seems impossible. And yet, here she is in 5th grade, almost as tall as me, and doesn't think she needs us for anything most days. Singing solo's and making honor choir. Reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Baking cookies. Needing a training bra, and getting curves. ACkKKKKkkkKKkkK!! I know I'll turn about and she will be 16 and wanting the car for the night. Then I'll turn around and I'll be buying towels for her first apartment. Then she'll call that she has met a boy...
Onto something else before I spend my afternoon in tears over how fast it really does go. Because the adoption stuff doesn't feel like it's going fast at all today. We received news that the mothers death certificate has not been received by the orphanage. So they are unable to submit our file to the social service department yet.
So on one hand, time is flying with CN. On the other hand, it seems at a standstill with Re and Er. It's a real paradox I find myself living. Here is what I know to be true...God's timing is perfect. While I bemoan the loss of time with my kids, both here and in Haiti, God is trustworthy. So I choose to trust. That there is enough time with CN and P to prepare them for the world. That Re and Er will come home. That I will learn to be trusting as I go through the process of waiting. That I will know God's character more and more. That he will finish the good work he has began.

No comments: