Thursday, March 19, 2009

On a lighter note...

I leave for vacation in 20 1/2 hours. R and I are going to a lovely eco-friendly resort on the Southern Coast tomorrow and we don't come home till Wednesday.

They don't allow children under 13. The rest is details, really.

My sister is coming to watch the girls. They should have fun. They are bringing their two big dogs. For a total of 3 dogs, and two kids. Did I mention they don't have children of their own. Kinda wish I was here to watch it unfold. Except I'm going to resort that doesn't allow children.

We won this vacation. Through Yahoo!! on Earth Day. LOVE Freecycle even more now. God really blessed us with this time together. He knows we need it.

Our itinerary looks like this...
Friday-Get there, sit in hot tub overlooking beach and sip $25 bottle wine out of plastic cups.
Saturday-Get up, do nothing we don't want to, do only what we want to. Enjoy organic, pre-ordered breakfast in bed, and go for a hike. Hot Sundae party on Saturday. Play cards and games as we watch the ocean.
Sunday- 10:30am, leave for a 4 hour guided hike of the Cape Blanco area. Come back, sit in hot tub. Enjoy dinner out. With no kids!
Monday- sleep in, enjoy breakfast, hang out and read, massages at 1:30pm for R and I. An hour and half each. Oh Lord, help me. I could get used to this.
Tuesday-sleep in, enjoy breakfast, walk on the beach, manicure and pedicure at 4:00pm for me. Nice dinner out- the kind of restaurant that doesn't allow children.
Wednesday-Get up, cry because we have to leave. Drive back and stay the night at home. Pack girls for a night at the beach
Thursday-8:00am dental appointments for the girls. Leave town and drive to aquarium. Stay the night at Best Western and enjoy swimming pool.
Friday-come home, rested and ready to tackle our life.

Our itinerary according to R...
Have sex and sleep. The rest is gravy.

We are taking a digital camera and will post pictures. Of my itinerary, not Russ's. Although if I can get a picture of him sleeping I might just post it. Only if he' is drooling.

No comments: