Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Hole in OUR Gospel

Reading this book...A Hole in our Gospel by Richard Sterns. CEO of World Vision.

I read alot. Even with four kids. I get two books a week from the library, and finish them by the next week. I read Philip Yancy, Donald Miller, and Rob Bell regularly. I LOVE really GOOD christian writing. The kind of writing that makes God more than you thought. Writing that gives insight into God's word. Writing that challanges me to see God and his people as more than I do.

This book, has blown my socks off in the first chapter. I walk around thinking about it. It's not Richards story, although it's a powerful story of obedience. It's God's word being exposed for more than I've ever given it credit for. That the words in the old and new testament aren't just a theory, but a call to ACTION.

So I'm going to blog it chapter by chapter. This is really only for my benefit. This whole blog is really about me. About having a place to process my life. And if it brings others anything, that is a bonus. Thus the candid honesty, that I'm sure at times is too brutal. So I'll be blogging my time reading this book. Something tells me it's going to be life changing.

Get yourself a copy. I'd love to hear others thoughts and prayers as they read about God's heart of his people.

1 comment:

hopefuloffive said...

I LOVED, I mean totally loved this book. It was a life changer, it changed the way I looked at everything differantly. I look forward to reading your take on it as well. Enjoy!