Friday, September 25, 2009

Philipeans...

Good Morning,
I was looking at my new favorite blog. This distinction is subject to change often. However, this one has me laughing on a regular basis - and I need to laugh often these days.
Awkward Family Photos shares the awkwardness that is present in all families. If you click on the link, and you should, check out LOL cats. But go to the bathroom first, because you will be laughing so hard you might just pee a little.

So I was checking it out this am, and the post Operation Wedding cracked me up. Growing up in rural Eastern Oregon, it hit the sweet spot of humor. P was sitting next to me and explained, "Philippians". I looked at her, and she said it again, as if to explain why it was a appropriate response. The blank look on my face must have relayed that I didn't get it. She says, "It looks like the Philippians."

So I have no idea where she is learning about the Philippians. Or why a bunch of white people dressed in camo, would make the connection to a Pacific ocean island of Asian people. Yeah, it was awkward. It's called irony, and it made the situation even funnier. A awkward photo, making an equally awkward moment. I'm still chuckling. P is such a funny kid.

No comments: