Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ONE YEAR AGO

One year ago, we were high as a kite. We had been to R's parents house, hoping to get a referral soon. We knew the orphanage had a sibling set in mind for us, and that they were working on referrals. By 9:00pm I had given up hope. I had dropped R off to check the church and walk home. Then I put the girls to bed. I sat down and logged on to check emails. And there was a series of three emails. Proposal in the title. And I ran into the girls room, and told them to get up. That we had news on the adoption. I then ran out the door, barefoot, to track down R. I pulled upside him, and yelled at him to get in the car. I think he was afraid that there was something wrong. I told him we had our proposal, but that I didn't want to open the email without all of us.
So we all sat down on the couch, and opened the email. This was our first glimpse of them.

They are beautiful, and precious. They belong with us, and we belong to them. It's really an amazing process. A family being made, from the depths of poverty and despair. Sounds like a God thing to me. I have mixed feelings about today. Thankful, Sad, Hopeful, Worried, and that is just in the last 10 minutes. However, I have been praying for their birth father. Not the process, not that it would hurry up. I just couldn't keep going there. But really lifting him up, as a grieving father. And really praying for his heart to be healed. And I know God has heard my prayers, even the one's I couldn't speak one more time. And I pray his heart would be filled with peace.

We heard this week that the birth father has been located and completed the birth parent interview with USCIS. This is very good news. For many different reasons. It will be quicker if he is able to come in and give the interviews. Re and Er will know that they were not just abandoned. They were given. The difference is small, and yet huge.

So much more is going on around here. We have a new dog...who is right now making a ton of noise eating. I'm not sure what is going on, and probably should go look. Yeah for me. So far she has ate a stick of butter, tried to sleep on R's side of the bed, and barks at every car that drives by.

We have a exchange student coming on Friday. She is here for a few months. Looking forward to that. I'll share more as I know more. Got to go, dog is trying to get in the tub...hmmm, yeah for me. Maybe she knows she stinks and needs a bath.

Going to bed, I'm tired and had enough fun for one day.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Just curious, what kind of dog did you get? Our daughter has been begging for a dog for a long time and has had enough of just lovin' on the neighbors' dogs... it's time for one of ber own. Plus, we learned that Danise LOVED when they had a dog at the Toddler house, so... we've never had a pet before and are researching dogs that are good with kids... not too big, not too small... etc.

Good news that you are almost in courts!

Will you be at the GLA gathering in Michigan? I think Cathleen said you would be. If so, it will be great to meet you!

Looking forward to seeing your update (and ours!!)