Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A few tidbits of nothing...

Really...nothing but here it is anyways.

The high road is paved with irritants. Seriously. It's irritating to take the high road. The low road is smooth sailing. Well, until you hit the wall. Other than that it's great. Where as the high road is filled with what you'd like to say, that you don't. It's got sign after sign reminding you of how you fill different than you are behaving. It's even worse when you can see the low road from where you are at. I think (and I have to admit I'm doubting it right this moment) that the high road leads you personally to a place you are happier with yourself than you would have been on the low road. I'll let you know if it happens that way.

Taylor Swift is annoying. REALLY, REALLY annoying. You think you like her. Let me send my kids and their cd player to your house for an hour. Then we shall see if your opinion of her has changed.

I filled the house with smoke. Making a braised pork roast. It seems I really should stick to chicken strips and steamed peas. Both of which can be done with 3 kids needing 3 different things, without a house full of smoke being the result.

There seems to be a virus going around my house. Infecting those under 18. It's called the snotty bug. It's not the nose kind. It's the attitude kind. Snotty to mom. Snotty to each other. Snotty to the person who says hi to them at the grocery store. All FOUR of them. I don't know if they are just tired of adjusting. Or people looking at them (that is a whole nother post). Or just tired of each other (help us all then). Or just plain tired.

I'm starting to feel the numbness fading away, in bits and pieces. Last week I had a complete meltdown over the destruction in Haiti. I know everyone else had a reaction to it the first few days after it happened. But I was a little preoccupied. So it is just now really hitting me. There was a horrible earthquake. Killing too many. In a horrible way. And the ripples from it are beyond comprehension for us here. And did you all know that our kids are home. THEY ARE HERE IN THEIR OWN BEDS AT NIGHT!! Sorry, just feels like I've woke up to this FACT this week. And it's March. Where is the end of January and all of February? Did we celebrate Valentines day?

I'm suppose to head to the beach this weekend, to rest. I have very mixed emotions about this. On one hand the kids are doing really well. Our life includes times when one parent is gone. We are preparing the kids in advance, and will be making it as smooth as possible. On the other hand, I know the 'experts' would throw a fit about me leaving after only six weeks. I worry about traumatizing them more. I also know how much work it is to handle all four on your own, and feel bad for leaving R on his own. But here is the problem. My body is about to give me a hard wake up call. I've been running on flight or fight mode for 8 weeks. I'm wearing out. And I can't rest while I'm here. I can't refill in my own home. This is a new experience for me. Usually home is where I recharge. But home is not relaxing right now. And I need to refill. Or I will be in bed for a few days, unable to function (thanks for a chronic condition I'm not managing well right now). Either way I'm unavailable for a couple days to my family. At least this way I can control the situation.

So that is a peek into my world at the moment. I bet you can't wait to visit now.

No comments: