Monday, January 18, 2010

The Good News...

The US Government is going to grant humanitarian visa's. There is some criteria that must be met. We meet it. I won't go into the details, but according to the fact sheet the kids are eligible. We have a conference call tomorrow morning at 7am. We hope to have more information then.

We were hoping to be able to pick our kids up really soon. However, I think it may be closer to a couple weeks. And in a small way, I'm okay with that. The relief of knowing there is a way has made me realize the details of when and how aren't as important.
I fear for my children, but they are in God's hands. I also have concern about them being driven down to the Embassy in the next couple days. It's still bad. REALLY BAD. Bodies along the road. Imagine driving your child through a war zone, with bodies strewn about. Not something anyone would sign them up for. Even if it's means a quick reunion.
I also know we are not the only parents in this situation. However, we know our kids are safe, have what they need, and trust our orphanage completely. There are orphanages that the buildings are unsafe, that are out of food and water, and the ONLY answer is to get the kids out NOW. So I'm happy to wait. Lets save those children first. Really, it should only be a matter of days. But they can have the first flight. I'd want the parents to choose the same, if the situation was turned around.
We are also starting to see the wear and tear this last week is taking on our own children. CN is really struggling right now. How does this really affect me? How does this change my life? She is relieved, scared, happy, sad, and that is just in five minutes. It would be okay to have a couple weeks to just recover from this last 5 days, and get them better prepared.
I'll post in the morning after the call. And ask that in the meanwhile you pray for the nannies at the Toddler House.
I'm going to start listing a couple with each post. Please pray for strength, courage, and comfort. The loss they have suffered is beyond our imagination. Please surround them with prayer. Ghislaine and Nicole for tomorrow. May God's arms wrap around them, and bring the comfort only he can. May they know they are not alone, that the family of God from all over love them and are praying for them. May tomorrow offer hope and healing. -Amen

No comments: