Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Laundry Soap -Update

Laundry Soap ALA Anita...
I love this stuff. It's a little cumbersome, but I think it's worth the effort. I have a 5 gallon bucket of a gel like substance. It's somethink akin to The Blob... and smells really good. I kept an old laundry soap container. I filled it halfway up with The Blob, added water and shook. It sounds easy- but required a funnel, a stick and patience. I made quite a mess on the laundry room floor. However, since I never mop it - I figured it was due to be cleaned. Next time I'll put a towel down.

So I think it's doing a great job at cleaning the clothes. Better than the other laundry soaps I've tried.

I've always been frustrated by how quickly clothes mildew in the washer. Try as I might, sometimes my laundry sits in my washer a few hours, or even overnight. I get distracted and forget. It happens alot actually. In a few hours they would smell - and I'd rewash. Then I learned to spray Frebreeze in the dryer with them and that usually helped. But only if it had only been a few hours. Overnight meant they HAD to be rewashed. With this soap, no mildew. Maybe I should experiment and see how long it would take. But we've gone up to 48 hours at this point, and they were fine. Seriously AWESOME!! That alone makes it worth it.

So, the homemade laundry soap is here to stay. I'm thinking it could be fun to experiment with. Maybe I'll give it out as Christmas presents. I really like this stuff! Do you think others would be offended to get laundry soap? Would you be? Does it say "You have dirty clothes, you stink, you need help?" I wouldn't want it to say that...yeah - I guess it does.

No comments: