Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mary Hamilton

Yesterday in the car...
C says, "I know what I want to be next year for Halloween"
Halloween! we are going to get Valentines
"I think I'm going to take my angel costume and add wings and a halo and be an angel."
Okay, sounds good and cheap
"Or maybe I'll be Mary"
P says, "Mary who?"
C replies, "Mary from the Bible"
P says, "Mary Hamilton"
Mary Hamilton, I don't think she's in the bible Poem and before I can explain this C says,
"No like Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus"
That should clear it up
P -"no like the Mary that went the tomb"
Ohhh, Mary Magdalene...that makes more sense, so I say,
"Poem, that is Mary Magdalene"
"Yep, Mary Hamilton." she confidently replied.
"No, Magdalene, not Hamilton."
"No Mom, it's Hamilton -like the kids in my class whose last name is Hamilton"
I'm not sure how to explain this logically, to an illogical child...
"No Poem, it's MAG-da-linn...not Hamilton. They are different names for different people."
So Poem wraps it up by saying, "Well you could go as the kid in class whose name is Hamilton"
Yep, sounds good to me, in fact we probably have a closet full of clothes for her to dress like a random second grader. Probably easier then figuring out a Mary Magdalene costume.

No comments: