Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yeah....

Okay, summer is half over. One part says, "YEAH! Have a drink to celebrate. We've made it halfway and no one has been hurt and I have my sanity still"
The other part says, "What! How could it be half over. I feel like I've hardly began to spend time with my kids. We have so much left to do."
These two parts like to argue with each other.
"Don't be silly, you've had more than enough time with them. Won't it be nice to have your afternoons quiet again."
"But we were gone one week, they are gone next week. You'll be spending two weeks apart, we haven't made up for it."
"Heck, most parents only have a few hours a day with their kids. You have 12 a day, if they go to bed on time"
"But they share me, it's not the same."

Then there is the part of me saying, "Dang, laundry must reproduce itself." and "Who ate all the chips? Seriously, I just opened the bag." and "Oh my, where is the volume control. How long can I stand the noise." and "Wouldn't it be nice to go to a quiet office to work with adults" and "why is the kitchen floor sticky? Seriously, it wasn't when I left the house. Did the cleaning fairies miss the point."

No comments: